Pages

Cablemas

Tom and I have Cablemas for our internet service,  we use them for TV as well. 

We started with Cablemas in 2006 in our rental apartment for the internet service.  They required no contract, and no set up fees.
Apparently that has changed, although my source of this info is somewhat suspect.

Also, I've been pondering getting a landline phone for local calling;  At present we have 2 cell phones. While the fees to call  other cels (oh, cellphones here are cel) and residential phones from the cellphone is reasonable, to call a numero particular (aka a Business line) is really expensive.  The last time I called Cablemas because our TV was pixelating I was on the phone 6 minutes and it was 80 pesos,  80 pesos - that's like 6USD!

I don't want Telmex - nothing against Carlos, I mean I use his Telcel service for my cellphones.  It's just that Telmex charges high installation fees, and their rates are a bit high. Not to mention what I hear about their customer service.

One thing really frustrating for me here is the lack of documention and pricing.  To get the 'Rules' for a service is a pipe dream. Forget it.  Want to know what is included in your plan?  Ask a Service Rep,  ask a different Service Rep and get different stuff. 
Like trying to get info on how much  calls cost on the cel - every kiosk, agent, rep tells me something different.   AARRRGGGGGHHHHH!


A Guide from Cablemas that shows what channels we should be getting at our service level.  Well first off, it is a photocopy of a sheet, a very bad photocopy that is barely legible.  Then they cross off the stuff that is either not in your plan or no longer offered.  And then your channel lineup changes with no notification.  Ah, don't get me started!  Tom is super pissed because AmericanNetwork (AN) just went away.  That was the channel he watched the most.

Pricing, ask one person and they have plan X for Y per month, ask some one else and plan X costs Z.

For instance, the other day on the phone with a sales rep in DF
I could get a Cablemas plan like this:

>40 channels TV, 3mbps internet, telephone with unlimited local calls and either 6mths of calls to USA or CA OR 3mths of free cel calls.  Which tells me the unlimited local calls are only to residential and business lines.  All for just 525pesos per month.
Now by calling DF I could pay the 525 on the 1st, 2nd, 4th month, and half that on the 3rd and 6th month, then 525 thereafter.    The package was the same, however the payment plan was not offered when I went to the local Cablemas office.

Add to that - I bought a second TV, Tom and I frequently have different viewing preferences, AND I like to have the TV when I am in the kitchen,  Now to add the 2nd cable was 120pesos installation from both sources - DF and local Rep.  However, the digital box rental was a completely different story.  With the DF rep 55pesos per month x 4mths, then 30 every month.  With the local office rep 160 per month x 2mths then 60 per month - I mean really, Come On!

could I get anything with the plans and pricing,  No!  Take notes!  heck even on the web page, the packages are listed, but no pricing.

For a Cablemas phone - the offer states unlimited local calls, which means residential lines, and business lines, but apparently not cels, although it isn't stated.  I did find out that local cel calls would cost 1.3 pesos per minute, and National LD would cost 1peso per minute????  They couldn't tell me about the cost for National 1-800 numbers????

OK, guess I'm about done!  Still haven't made a decision though,  get a phone line, don't get a phone line.  Cancel TV service, keep TV service.