Time for a little potty talk

 

We've been here in Spain traveling around for several weeks; And every Hotel, not hostel or guest house, we've stayed in has had a bidet.

Now being brought up where as a kid the farthest we traveled from Virginia was either North Carolina or sometimes Maryland, And where Tom's and my travels have taken us around the USofA, mostly camping, and Mexico, I don't get the bidet.

Okay, way back when; when people bathed weekly, I can understand, but in this day and age, what the heck???

So anyway I told Tom, this trip, I'm gonna figure this bidet thing out -

Here's what I've come up with

It's a great place to put your toiletries!

10 comments:

  1. Isn't that like storing your stuff in the toilet?
    I always thought it was a great place to soak your feet after walking all day doing touristy things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, guess I just thought it was clean, good point!

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised Tom didn't fill it with ice for a beer and wine cooler!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might have if we spent any time in the room. When we are in the room it's generally for showering, changing clothes, or sleeping, and sometimes blogging!

      Delete
  3. Uh, there are water-based cultures, and there are paper-based cultures. Argentina and Europe are water-based, and the U.S. is paper-based. And the former think the latter are really kind of gross for not washing one's privates after private acts. Wait for a shower? How gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you don't travel with your kds, they don't learn to appreciate and understand other cultures. I blame it on being deprived of european touring as a child! I did turn the water on on one last week and the jet shot across the room, got quite the chuckle out of that.

      Delete
  4. jennifer - exactly what i was going to add! and if you look in the local stores here in merida, there are more and more of them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah but laureen, I know of only one person who actually has a working bidet in Merida, seems the plomeros are us un educated and poorly traveled as I. Guess you'll have to advise me on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought they were better than a jacuzzi -- if you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up with bidets in Brasil. They were great for shooting water onto the bathroom ceiling and watching it drip back down :)

    ReplyDelete