Pages

I can't believe I woke up hungry this morning

I can't believe I woke up hungry this morning, It has been non-stop eating for about 2 weeks now. We've been having such a great holiday; invited to so many places to share beautiful meals and visiting with all our new friends. Phone calls, emails, and ecards from all our old friends, and family. But I'm ready to get back to normal.

Merida by far has got to be one of the noisiest cities we've ever been in. It is everyday kindof noisy, but when you toss in a Holiday, and there are ALOT of Holidays here, well it just gets downright deafening. Music is loud, laughing and talking is loud, cars and buses are loud, and the firecrackers, or mortars as we call them are loud. It's not even usually the pretty starburst fireworks, but just plain old cherrybomb type things. Just for the noise. On our street, which is a more traditional older neighborhood the older women, in their 60-70's pull their chairs out to the sidewalk, which is typical, but then they sit there and light and toss these mortars into the street all the while maintaining their regular line of conversation. Oh, and don't even get me started on the Parades, yipes!

Well anyway, back to my title; we have been eating and enjoying the most incredible array of food, and we have been doing it with gusto, because of course the more you eat the more you show your appreciation - right? Anyway, I am stuffed, but I woke up hungry this morning!