Pages

The 2nd Annual Latin American Bloggers Summit

The 2nd Annual Latin American Bloggers Summit is currently underway here in Mérida. Last years event was on Isla Mujeres. Last night was the Kick Off Party, where those of us who could gathered to meet; some of us for the first time. Although you really feel like you get to know people after you've followed their blog for a while.

Today we had a number of excellent presentations and discussions;

Wayne on Digital Photography
Ellen on making money with your blog
Theresa on finding your blog's focus
Paul and Susan finding inspiration for your posts

We all talked about how we got started blogging, and why we continue with it.

And Heather handed out this years homework assignment; you'll have to wait to find out what that is!

Then we headed out for a few beers and botanas. What a fun group; and I must say I am inspired. I was feeling a bit off about blogging because I was not sure of my focus, or if stuff I write is interesting or pertinent - I am inspired with a whole page listed with ideas. So watch out!
We're on a mid-day break, resting from the mid-day heat. The group reconvenes in about an hour for a tour of Centro, because not all of the attendees live here in Mérida, then out for an evening of cuban music, and well most likely a few more beers, and what I am sure will be animated discussions on topics of great world and economic importance.

It's fun to get to meet the people behind the blogs, to discuss the how's and why's of what they do and why and how they do it, how to keep up the energy and interest, to share ideas and get feedback. I'm sure there will be surge of interesting topics in the coming months.

Most of the group was taking pictures - I wasn't, but maybe later. So, well, maybe, I'll have some cool blogs pretty soon!