Pages

Cooking: Arugula pesto

Friend Jette, who grows organic veggies recently gifted me with, what I called a 'shitload' of arugula, of course she calls is rocket, what with being all British and everything.  You'll have to ask her for yourselves why it's called rocket!   Anyway, when I exclaimed that I'd never be able to use that much arugula, she said something to the effect of oh shut up and make pesto and freeze it!   cheeky girl!

So I did make arugula pesto and oh my gosh - it's so fricking good I am eating it on crackers like a dip!

For my arugula pesto
2 monster handfulls of clean fresh arugula
3 large cloves of peeled garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 c pecans, you could use walnuts, pine nuts, whatever nuts you fancy...
1/3 c parmesan cheese
olive oil, probably 1/2 - 3/4 cup
I'm not good about actually measuring things!

Lucky me, I have a food processor...


This stuff will be fabulous over pasta!


Now I've decided to make arugula chimichurri and spoon it over grilled tofu with julienne carrots for dinner, zowee wowee!


I may need more arugula - JETTE!!!!!!!!Honey, sweetie, cutey girl.....