Pages

Resort Review - Catalonia Royal Tulum - Day 3



So yesterday we just, I say Just with a big smile on my face, we just hung around on the beach all day. 


It really was lovely!  More windy than the previous 2 days, and although we both had on spf50 and 55 we got a little pink.

It's good to travel with Suk; I tend to be a bit introverted and Suk is very friendly open, and outgoing. She strikes up conversations with people so where I wouldn't have if alone, we are meeting and having long conversations with lots of people.

One thing we have both commented on here are the number of Germans, well I think they are German. I'm pretty sure it is a Germanic language but is is swiss german, french german, german german, no se!

Lots of Italians too!  Unfortunately all these Europeans smoke, a lot!  Guacala!  In fact there is one on the balcony right next to me smoking right now!  BLECH!

Right outside our balcony is a large bare limbed Flamboyan that is higher than the surrounding trees.  It is a great bird perch.  Each morning I see Social Flycatchers, Orioles, hummingbirds, Yucatan Jays and Melodious Blackbirds taking turns perching here.   In the tree canopies are large black iguanas catching the morning sun and a leafy breakfast.

Yesterday, in addition to all the other wildlife we saw chacalacas in the trees.  Quite a lot of fauna here on these grounds; adds quite a bit of interest for me.

As I sit here a new, unfamiliar to me bird comes, white eye streak, reddish tail uppers, yellowish below, long pointy beak, greyish black with dots on shoulders and short choppy streaks all over, and quite a screechie call.  I'll have to look this up when I get home to my books.


Today we have our spa treatments;  Suk had massage Tuesday, and is getting the hot stone massage today.  I am having a package; facial, exfoliation, and massage.  I should be glowing when I get home.

Oh, I could definitly go for a few more days of this!.   We had thought to go to Playa del Carmen yesterday but never made it, maybe next time.   We need to leave quite early tomorrow as I have a very important event to attend at 2pm, and we want to stop at some stone carvers we saw coming in before reaching Tulum, maybe get some new yard art.

Oh, just a few more days at this lovely beach....