A Rotten Apple

OK, I'm pissed again!   I have both an iPad, and an iPod Touch.  I got both for very specific reasons, not just for, but because of Google Maps, YouTube, and several other really cool apps that I love.

Well Apple just pushed out their update to their operating system, and guess what?  They have removed both Google Maps and YouTube from the machines that accept and install the update to iOS 6.  So far I haven't, Luckily for me I was warned by others not so fortunate as me, those eager beavers!

And it's a shame, because there are some really cool updates included in iOS6.

Apparently Apple is removing Apps that are not 'theirs'!  Well that's just BULLSHIT! I mean have you seen their Maps App, an embarrassment to say the least.  I mean give people an option! I need Google Maps, I mean have you seen the paper maps here in Merida?  Horrible!  In fact I don't even know if Apple Maps does Mexico!

Should I inadvertently update to the new iOS I want my money back on both devices - they would then not do what I bought them to do.

I need Google Maps, NEED Google Maps! - I like YouTube, ok I knew about Flashplayer and was willing to accept that - But Not This!

I looked online and can't find a Corporate email to send a message - So APPLE  CEO and Directors, Be advised, we are not happy, not happy in the least!


8 comments:

  1. How timely! I just got an email from Lifehacker this week talking about good replacements for these. MapQuest or Google Maps (mobile version in the browser) work very well. An excellent replacement for YouTube is Jasmine according to their article. Hope you find something you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Apple. I do not like Google due to their disregard for privacy rights and for intellectual property rights. With Google you are not their customer, you and your information are their product that they are selling to their customers. I try to avoid Google products and services as much as possible.

    Apple did blow it on the maps thing, but it is temporary. As a Apple customer, fan and shareholder, I am not turning on them at this time.

    Hope all works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple care even less about you than Google do. Apple views you as little more than a statistic in their psychological marketing campaigns.

      Delete
  3. So, how do you really feel? Don't hold back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple is the Heart of Darkness. They dress in black like the demons they are. You should have bought some other brand of equipment. Samsung perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, you might look at Maps+. I switched to that app awhile ago when I got frustrated with the native (Google) map's inability to tag or otherwise categorize location pins. With Maps+ I've got all my locations filed under categories, like "friends" or "theaters," so when I need to remember where So-and-So lives, I just click on their name in the "friends" category and their pin appears on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dare you question what Apple does?
    The know better than you, of what you want and need. Their lemmings that camp out in front of their stores for days prove that. By you even questioning Apple is the perfect reason why your Apple products should be confiscated from your ungrateful hands and be put on a list never to be able to have the honor to purchase an Apple product again......

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...your Apple products should be confiscated from your ungrateful hands and be put on a list never to be able to have the honor to purchase an Apple product." again......

    I signed on to that list a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete