Pages

dental work redux

About 2 years ago I reported on a dental experience, a root canal, I subsequently reported on how bad the experience was for me.  I was left with a root canal that wasn't properly done, and a ground down nub of a molar that needed a crown/cap. I don't know the difference between a crown and a cap!

Over the past 2 years I've tried on a few occasions to get the tooth repaired and the process completed - to disastrous results.

Well, I am happy to report that the problem has been resolved.

I was contemplating having the tooth removed, but didn't.  I attempted resolution through two separate references, neither worked out.   Finally, I decided to call a dentist I know, and to whom several friends go and highly recommend.

So last Thursday, just a week ago today, good grief how time flies!  I had the cap/crown put in/on???  A week prior to that I had gone in, had the work done to correct the bad procedure, had the impressions done, and left in a bit of a daze.

I am one of those people that has trouble with going to the dentist - I am WAY better than I used to be.    Anyway, short story, when the dentist got to me, I was in quite a state, pacing, hyperventilating, having chest pains,   blech.   He was just at 30 minutes late, which gave me plenty of time to get myself worked up.   He decide I needed 'something'.  He put 3 drops of something, he told me what but I don't now remember, in water and told me to drink it - I started to sip it!  He said No, like tequila, to which I replied "this is how I drink tequila".  Anyway, the stuff did seem to help, but mostly after the fact.

OK, so last Thursday I got the cap/crown; now my mouth was quite accustomed to that void and this new crown/cap felt quite odd and out of place.   Because we were leaving the next morning and heading over to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen for the weekend Jonna gave me a dental reference in PDC, for just in case!    I didn't need it,  But was really glad to have it!  Gracias Chica!

I'm happy to report that the cap/crown has settled in, my mouth and tongue have adjusted and all is right with the world!   Gracias Javier!


Dr. Javier Camara-Patron
Quality Dental Altabrisa
Calle 26 #212 x 7 y 15, Altabrisa
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
Telephone:52 (999) 167-9444

Dr. Javier Camara-Patron           This is the office I went to!
Cirujanos Dentistas Asociados
Calle 17 No. 170 x 8 y 10, Garcia Generes
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Telephone: 52 (999) 925-3399

Dr. Javier Camara-Patron
Quality Dental Francisco de Montejo
 Calle 50 No. 313 local 7 x 51 y 53B, Francisco de Montejo
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Telephone: 52 (999) 946-6444