Pages

Lily is looking for a home



This gorgeous girl was abandoned in my neighborhood.   The neighbors and were I feeding her, and putting out water.  She is a street dog, with street smarts.

On Sunday, 30 December I was able to trap her inside my front garden/parking area.    I can't put her with my dogs because mine are nasty jealous bitches! And she has parasites, both internal and external. 

She was very timid and  unaccustomed to being touched. I was able to rub her head and ears, down her back, and rub her belly once during the first two days, she wasn't sure how to react.  She will need some special attention, but after just 24 hours she was walking around me rather than cowering, and making not eye contact.

By day 3 she was greeting me at the door rather than running, and she'd come close enough for my fingers to just touch her.

It's now day 5 and she is very affectionate but still a little reserved, She likes her name, Lily, and she's starting to actually play.

She's been bathed and treated for parasites, both internal and external.  Today, the 4th of January she went to the vet.  She's quite thin and he recommends puppy food even though he estimates her to be about a year old.  He also suggests we not get her spayed until she is a bit heavier.
She handled all the strangeness of car travel and vet experience very well, she was really scared but never lashed out.

She doesn't yet walk on leash, but like all  things that will come in time.  She is getting stronger and was actually playful a few times, wanting to sprint about, chase a ball etc.




Lily needs a home, either forever or foster, if you are interested or know of someone, please let me know.

debiinmerida at gmail dot com