Once again, to Wordpress or Not to Wordpress??? That is the question

Blogger has started doing a few new things, things I'm not completely thrilled about -

First, people keep telling me they can't post comments!  That's bad news, although I get quite a few, nee significantly less Comments since I Networked my blog to my Facebook page.  A lot of people leave the Comments on Facebook and then they are lost forever as the days go by.

Second,  when I open my blog I used to have the Sign In icon at the top, now I have to go out and access Blogger .com as a new page to be able to post.   Not mind altering, just different and less convenient.

Third, I no longer see the Comments Section when I have my blog open.  I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

I recently went to Windows 8, and am using Google Chrome, so maybe it is some incompatibility,  But once again I am seriously thinking of moving over to Wordpress.   My biggest string to Blogger is that I also maintain Blogs for a few others,  so I'd still be tied.   Drats and Damnation!   What to do, what to do!

3 comments:

  1. This is what is known as a no-brainer. I have used both Blogger and WordPress, years with each, and it's no contest. WordPress is superior.


    However, making the transition, if you want to bring your old posts from here, can be a real bear. I recommend that you start from zero on WordPress and simply include a link to here for people who want to see old stuff, and those people are very few. And a link here directing readers to the new website.



    You won't even have to install Disqus because the comment system that comes with WordPress is very similar and works great, which is way more than you can say about Blogger's commenting fiasco.


    And WordPress has a gazillion themes you can pick from, mostly free. Interestingly, the few times I have used paid themes on WordPress I have had problems, glitches. The freebies are far better. And they are free!


    Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going through the same struggle. Every time I am ready to make the leap, I sit down and read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really liking my WP blog. I had help doing the change over, but it looks like it's easier now than it used to be. I did make one mistake on not telling people my new blog address before I made all my old posts "point" to my WP blog.


    Regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete