Pages

Tears; of hope and fear

I am pleased with the Election outcome.

I had been a strong supporter of McCain BEFORE Sarah. He sure had me fooled; shame on him.
McCain's and Obama's policies on many things are quite similar, especially how to recover from the current financial situation. What a comforting word, 'situation'. If only George Carlin were still here I'm sure he could help me out on a catchy one-liner. I liked his experience - I liked enough things to consider voting for him...
The thought of what Sarah Palin could now become thanks to him selecting her as running mate scare me equally as much as the thought of her as President; which was a very threatening possibility if they had won. I get the shivers just thinking about it.

I am thrilled and once again proud of my home country - I had lost some of my pride thanks to 12 years of Bush reign. I am proud that we have evolved to the point of selecting a President outside the norm, but still disappointed that we were unable to embrace a woman, too far outside for now I guess. But maybe someday; and then who knows, maybe a black woman...

I am also so fearful right now - I am afraid for Pres-Elect Obama and his family. We have not come out of our racist past, it still lurks, hiding, waiting... Please let us be bigger than our fear and ignorance. As my hero, Yoda once said, "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering."

It's been incredible hearing about and seeing the celebrations around the country; and the record number of voters -WOW! The Bushes gave us something, I like to think there is something positive to be found in every situation, and so the Bushes gave us this, the largest voter turnout in 90 years - Record numbers of people willing to come together for change.

So I am pleased with the Election turnout, and I do have tears; tears of joy for the progress we are making, tears of joy for the prospects, and tears of fear.