Pages

Oh baby it's hot outside

In physics, heat is a result of movement. The more active atoms and molecules are, the faster they are moving, and the more heat they are giving off.

I am an aberration of nature.



Absolutely no movement and I am still hot, hot, hot. I find my self wanting only to sit in front of no less than 2 fans with a HUGE glass of ice water day in and day out.

We are into our 4th year year, our 4th spring/summer season. Shouldn't it be getting easier. Actually the odd part is this is the first time I am feeling discomfiture with the heat. Yes, each spring/summer season has been hot, but it really hasn't bothered me. This year however I am in distress. I find myself in a daze throughout the day. I don't go anywhere, don't want to go anywhere, don't see anyone, don't want to see any,one can't seem to get the energy up to do the most mundane task.

It's not the sweating, I'm so over that, My name is Debi and I sweat! It really is just part of living here.

It just seems to be so much more internal this year, I am hot inside, and it can't get out.

I've been following the "invest 93" disturbance over the Yucatan Peninsula which has now dissipated. I was hoping beyond all belief for a huge storm to make the heat stop.

An invest ## is a designation given by the hurricane center to an area they are investigating but that is not yet a depression. They do this so they can run the hurricane models on it for forecasting purposes. It is typically a high cloud formation that could turn into, ..., something..., cyclone, storm, ..., whatever, I was just looking for something, anything to blow away the heat.

The tropics are quiet right now, no relief in sight and this is the current weather -
today, Tuesday at 10:45AM

Partly Cloudy

Current temp: 88°
Expected high: 98°
Low: 76°
Feels Like: 101° OMG what's it going to feel like when it is actually 98...
Barometer: 29.79 in and steady
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 7 mi
Dewpoint: 79°
Wind: S 13 mph
Sunrise: 6:20 am
Sunset: 7:43 pm
and here's the forecast
  • Today: Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. Hot. Heat index near 110F. High 98F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
  • Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms during the evening. Partly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 73F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
  • Tomorrow: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Very hot. Heat index near 110F. High 101F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
  • Tomorrow night: Isolated thunderstorms during the evening, then skies turning partly cloudy overnight. Low 74F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
  • Thursday: Scattered thunderstorms. Highs 101 to 105F and lows in the mid 70s.
  • Friday: Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs 101 to 105F and lows in the mid 70s.
  • Saturday: Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs 99 to 103F and lows in the mid 70s.

OK, enough ranting, this is making no sense, but that's how I feel, hot hot baby!
Oh, such a cry baby


Thanks for listening!