Pages

An interesting prescription tidbit

April 30, 2010

I thought I'd pass this bit of news on.  I recently had to have a prescription for Ciprofloxacin,  I inquired about a package of 500mg with 8 tablets, 190mxp, which I exclaimed at as being expensive.
The attendant explained that she could get me the generic for a little less,  so for ciprofloxacino, 500mg 8 caplets rather than tablets I paid 60mxp; now that's a bargain.

As interesting as that was, this is the point of my story - When you go for a generic equivalent for your prescription you need to be aware that if included on the packaging is a box symbol surrounding a GI, you have found a a generic substitute that has the same chemical makeup as the Name Brand. 


Just thought you'd like to know!

As I understand it some prescriptions billed as generic equivalent are in fact different, or have differing components.