Pages

Fennel Tea


Tom and I are in Parma; which deserves a write up. Even if Rick Steves doesn't even mention it in his book.

Most every place we've stayed has included a breakfast. What that means typically is coffee, tea, a variety of juices, sweet breads, and cold cuts n cheeses, also many times, fruit - fresh, dried or preserved, yogurt, and dry cereals.

I have been less than thrilled with the coffee in Italy. It is super strong, and a bit on the bitter side. But I think that's just the way espresso is. Cafe Americano is just simply an espresso made and then some extra water thrown in -- Whatever!

So anyway - this morning at breakfast, as I was not really enjoying my morning coffee I was looking at all the teabags in the little ceramic trough on the table, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Mint, and then there was a Fennel Tea. Now that was a first for me, Fennel Tea. I just happened to have the iPad with me so I looked it up. Who Knew!

Well after reading all about it I decided to try a cup. (Ok, I can't seem to embed the link, so here it is, old school - http://flatulencecures.com/what-is-fennel-tea-good-for). 


 Hmmmmm, an acquired taste for sure, not bad really, just not much to really make one look forward to it. I could definitely see brewing a litre in the morning and having a cup full 3 or 4 times a day, for medicinal purposes. Sort of like my attitude about wine consumption these days, I drink it cuz its good for me!

I just found it interesting, and thought you would too. And maybe informative and helpful.